Austin's bedtime prayer tonight (in a pathetic, whiny voice):
"Dear God, I loved Daddy's truck and now it's going to go to someone else and I didn't want it to. And I know it died and now it's gonna get fixed. uhhh....uhhhh...amen."
"Mommy, I loved that truck and i'm just sad for the poor little truck. When our van gets old we're going to buy a new truck and I want a van with a net in it." He really likes the vans with a cargo net in the back. He got upset because last week he saw Jeremy throw out the one that goes with my Explorer. We haven't used the net in the nine years I've had the vehicle! So, I guess now he sees the net as a valuable feature in the vans.
What am I supposed to say to this!? The kid is so sad! I'm not sure what he told his teacher at church today but when I picked him up she said "Austin, we'll be sure to pray for your Daddy's truck."
Maybe he'll go through the grieving process and be okay by the time we buy a van.
1 comment:
Aaawww...that is so cute and sad all at the same time. Maybe he'll be happy when the van comes, like you said. Speaking of van...I have to tease you like I did Amanda. She and Jason just bought an SUV, and I harrassed her for being "a mom" already. Now, I think I should tease you for getting a van...hehe! Actually, it is funny, because I always thought that it's nice and important to have a van or big car with children. But then I come to Europe where EVERYONE drives tiny tiny cars with more than one children in it. Nobody complains about it, and I think it's taught me something. However, I'm sure over time, when I have children...I'll probably go back to my old thinking, and buy a bigger car. What can ya say? Haha...anyway. Cute story!
Post a Comment