I am going to try to update the blog over the next few days so I can stay on top of it again. The last few months will all run together but here's a glimpse of our life! Here goes...
The kids love Slate Run Historical Farm. It's about 1/2 an hour away from home. We had fun this year with Drew and Maslyn and a few MOPS friends.
Jake was helping to cool off the pigs in this picture. I asked the farmer a few questions about pigs, just to satisfy my inner nerd, and he must of thought I was REALLY interested in pigs because he offered for me to come back in the fall to help slaughter them. No thanks!
We had fun with some MOPS friends and their kids, just hanging out in the backyard. Well, Jeremy opted out of this event and went to work. :-)
Emily learned to walk! Her first few steps were on July 23rd, 2012. They were so cute and so stiff and now she's running all over. It's hard to believe those first steps were only three months ago! She is such a sweet, feisty, fun little girl!
This picture sums up most of our days! We were in the backyard playing in the pool, sprinklers and water table a lot!
Austin started second grade on August 15th. He absolutely LOVES his teacher and I am so thankful for her!
Our big boy!
During the 2012 summer Olympics we were glued to the TV and even had our own version at home. One evening we had a family triathlon and ended it with all of us in the little pool for the swimming portion of the race. We also got out the pellet gun for some shooting practice. It was really a lot of fun.
I tried to really play with the kids a lot this summer. The neighbors probably all witnessed me swimming in the two foot water as we tried to turn our pool into a whirlpool and then float around. The boys love to have us join them and I hope to become even more "in the moment" with them.










No comments:
Post a Comment