Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year End Thoughts

As the year comes to a close I have many thoughts on these boys and our changing family! 2010 has been a challenging yet good year for our family. The obvious thoughts are about Jeremy finishing school, our first family vacation, me becoming a true stay at home Mom, Austin starting school, Jake's surgery and expecting a new baby next year.

A few things I have not blogged about that definitely deserve recognition....

Austin received the Citizenship Award at his school in October! He had to walk in front of the whole school and receive his award from the Principal during an assembly. We are so proud of him for this achievement! He was the only kid picked from his whole class! Keep up the good work Austin!!

We are having a girl in April!!! I know I have told everyone it was a girl, but never officially blogged about it! We found out right before Thanksgiving and couldn't even wait for the whole family to be together to announce our news. We had to call everyone right away! Just this past week we found her bedding and washed all the baby clothes we have as of now. It is going to be fun to have a little girl in the family. The boys really wanted a sister and I'm sure they will take great care of her! As far as names, I think we will keep it a secret once we finally have a name but so far Austin has come up with "Jazzy" and Jake wants to call his sister "brother!" Wow!
The boys have grown and changed so much! One of the things that stand out is the funny words they have used! Jake has stopped calling his monkey blanket a "yompy" and now calls it monkey. Austin stopped calling freckles "nickels. I will have to write down some of the other things they have said, it's so easy to forget!

We are excited to see 2011 and find out what all it has in store for all of us! We are expecting job changes, a first grader, possibly a preschooler and a baby girl! I think that'll be enough to keep us busy! Thank you God for a wonderful family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, super cute bedding!