Tuesday, April 26, 2011

She's Here!

Emily Faith Corven arrived on Tuesday, April 19th at 1:30 p.m.. She weighed 7 lbs 14.5 oz and was recorded at 21 1/4 inches long. (Our pediatrician measured her at 19 1/4 in. We just say 20 1/2.) We are loving our sweet girl and have had a great first week at home. I'll let the pictures tell the story.


The morning of our induction... She's here! We had a little scare when she was first born. Emily was not responsive at all, the nurses started to call in a rescue team after about two minutes and she started crying and breathing right after the nurse dialed the number. It was such a tense, scary few minutes. Words don't really express the fear I felt in my heart and the relief that cry brought.



Grandpa, Nini and Papa all came to the hospital to see Emily right after she was born. (Grandma was flying home from visiting Jonnie and Kory in Korea.) We didn't tell anyone Emily's name until after she was born. Only Jeremy and I and Austin knew before.

Austin and Jacob came to the hospital once we were moved to our recovery room. It was fun to watch the boys meet their little sister.





Sweet baby.


Our first family picture.


Getting ready to go home.

Mom and Dad came up a few days before I was induced. We had a good time together and then they watched Austin and Jake for us while we were in the hospital. They helped us settle in at home before heading back to Alabama. Their help and support meant a lot to us! I'm so glad they have been able to be here for the birth of all three kids, that's pretty hard to do when you live ten hours away!!

Jere came over as soon as we were settled in at home so she could meet her Granddaughter! These Grandmothers love their Grandkids!!!


We had a Big Brother party for Austin and Jacob. We had balloons and cake and family to celebrate. They are already loving their little sister so much! They both ask to hold her several times a day and they love giving her kisses!


Emily looks so tiny in her car seat!!

Saturday we made it to the church Easter Egg Hunt. The boys had a great time!

Emily had her first bath at home.

The Easter Bunny came to our house! The boys didn't think about baskets before going to bed so they were quite surprised when they woke up on Easter and realized they had baskets. It was a fun surprise.

We love our little Easter chicken!Austin sang a song with sign language at church on Easter Sunday. He did a great job!



We all made it to church with our four day old baby! It was nice to be there together on Easter.

The three kids on Easter morning.

Emily did have a little procedure done today. Her tongue was tethered and we had to have it snipped. It was a very quick and easy procedure for her. I was so afraid of it but she cried for about 15 seconds and then she was done!

We have had lots of snuggle time this week! We also had newborn pictures taken yesterday. I will try to post some of them soon! She looked so cute!!

I didn't mean to post this picture of Austin with his eyes closed but I can't figure out how to remove it now. So, sorry Austin! :)

2 comments:

The Faiths said...

AAAAAAaaaahhhhhhh...I wish we could see her and hold her and smother her in kisses. She's so sweet and cuddly looking. Big brothers, you look like you are doing a great job...keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh-little chicken! That's so funny and cute-was that a gift from someone? I think Aust and Jake are so photogenic these days!