Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Happenings

Little baby girl Corven will be here in only three days!! I'm still scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, April 19th. Our recent days have been filled with catching up on house cleaning and spending lots of time with Austin and Jacob. A new baby always brings lots of thoughts and emotions. For me, it's hard to picture life a step ahead when I really enjoy the stage we're in. I am eager to meet our little girl and begin a family of five but I have really enjoyed our days as a family of four. I remember being scared over the thought of life including one baby, I really enjoyed my time with just Jeremy and I and now we're about to be a family of five and I can't imagine life any different. Life is just as God intended and I am thankful to be living it out! Lance and Jere, Johnathan and Chelsea all came over to play one evening and ended up hanging the curtains and pictures in the baby room. I think it looks very cute! I'm so glad to have it done before she comes! The boys and I had a picnic lunch on Meemaw and Papaw's front porch one day this week. The weather was great and the boys took their bikes and had lots of fun showing off their skills! It's always fun to see the boys and their Great- Grandparents together!

I have felt myself occasionally becoming frustrated over little things in life, such as cleaning up a room only to walk back in and find random toys thrown all over. Stepping on Lego's and picking up food wrappers are some other things that really get under my skin! I'm trying to step back and listen to the advice of others to enjoy the chaos of this stage because I'll miss it someday. So, here are a few pictures of things I "cherish!"


The random toys that have to be on the floor...
Some day I will have a clean refrigerator. For now I need to enjoy this artwork!
Some other things I really do cherish are the feelings of this little baby moving all over in my belly. I love the way my belly can completely change shapes in a matter of seconds. I also love the expressions the boys make when they feel the baby move. Jake loves to kiss my belly and Austin loves to make jokes about it. He has called me "pregnant sick" all along and most recently he's been talking about labor a lot. He told me at dinner last night that since my belly wasn't hurting, I definitely wasn't in labor.


A few other things... Austin occasionally says things that just don't make since. I usually don't correct him because I know that these are the last of his "baby words." He calls ravioli, "fazoli" or "gracamole." He also says "sawn," "I sawn it before, I really did!" Jacob has been asking for "piggy bank rides" instead of piggy back rides. Jacob still has puffy little feet, I know they will flatten out and stink soon! I enjoy the baby look for now. I measured the boys this week, Austin is 48 inches and Jacob is 38.5 inches, crazy!!!!


Enough already, can you tell I've had lots of time to think and ponder all these life changes!? You can meet our little girl on the next blog, and by the way, I think we finally have a name for her.

No comments: