Sunday, September 20, 2009

Race Day

Austin and I both had races today. Austin ran in the kids run before the Buddy Up 5K I particpated in. He was so excited and did a great job. He won a medal and stuffed animal. After most races there is food available for the participants. After the kids race they had chocolate milk, it was very cute and one of Austin's favorite drinks!
Austin was running back to the finish line here, the other kids were just starting. It kinda looks like he was running the wrong way, I had to clarify after some questions.
This was my first 5K and I'm glad I did it. I quickly learned that I could definitely train a bit more before the next race! I made it in a little over 36 minutes. Next time I will try to shave the time a little but I will also try to run the whole race. Today I slowed down and walked quite a bit, however I never stopped. I was proud of that. Thanks to Jeremy, Jonnie, Kory and Jake for cheering us on!


Austin did not want his picture taken but here it is, after the run.


I caught Jake playing on a little fence while we were hanging out. I couldn't resist snapping some pictures despite the extremely mismatched outfit and shoes!

3 comments:

The Fab Four Zupan's said...

Good job to the both of you!

The Faiths said...

You're a whole "running" family...aren't you! Good job guys.

Simon & Kendra said...

WOW Mandy...I am so proud of you!!! I don't think I could have done it...so good for you! I miss you lots, and hope we can talk soon!