Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week at a Glance

This past week was a transition week for us. The first half was filled with fun to celebrate the last days of summer. I took all the boys to the amusement rides at our zoo. They had so much fun and I loved seeing them smile with such cute, big dimples! The second half of the week we started with my new schedule. After getting Johnathan and Chelsea ready and dropped off at school I only watch Holden, Jake's 17 month old friend for the rest of the day. So I had noticeably more energy and loved all the one on one time I had with the boys!
Last night Austin wanted to make dinner for the whole family all by himself. He was so excited to surprise us with a new dinner we've never had before. I could only help him get the Cool Whip out of the freezer and the rest was a secret. We ended up with Cool Whip sandwiches on wheat bread! We love our thoughtful, giving little boy!
Jake is as adventuresome as ever these days! He had his 15 month check-up last week. He is a healthy and happy boy! He is up to 26 pounds!!

I liked this picture because it shows how tall he is! His little legs are really stretching out!
Saturday the boys and I went to a nature festival and saw some "tame" boa constrictors that Austin and I kindly declined to hold. We found a beautiful little lake to go fishing sometime. After naps we headed back out and went on a big bike ride followed up with a popsicle from the ice cream truck. Austin thought the man in the truck made the best popsicle ever! What a fun week!

1 comment:

The Faiths said...

Jake is looooong. I love the videos of Austin jamming to his guitar too!