Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hello? Anyone There?

I haven't given up on blogging, or fallen off the planet. I have had camera troubles and therefore haven't been doing much on here. But I'll give a quick little update and share some kid talk. First, the end of summer was great. We had lots of play dates and time at the park. We spent a lot of time in our own backyard pool which is super convenient and the kids just love it.

Austin started 2nd grade last week and just loves his teacher! He has lots of friends from K5 and 1st grade in his class again this year. He is hoping to start boy scouts soon. Jacob will start preschool in about two weeks. He's very excited, especially because they have a playground and "real recess." Emily started walking about a month ago (wow, I am bad about updating, sorry Emily! I promise I shared the news through videos!) She is obsessed with "joos," better known as shoes. When I go in her room to get her out of her crib, the first thing she says is "joos" then once I have them in my hands she points to her hair clips and makes a distinct noise to ask for one, or many! She is at such a fun age. You can just see her little brain turning. She loves to shove her way into our laps and plop right down. She also loves to sit on Jake and Austin's heads when they're laying down. And of course, it's fun to run off right when I say it's time for a diaper change.

Jeremy has been working hard like normal and had his first Daddy weekend with all three kids while I went to Dallas, Texas for a MOPS convention. I ended up being gone for four nights and everyone seemed to have fun on both ends!

Some fun things I've heard:
  • Jacob saw a lady on a scooter riding down the street and he started laughing and said "Mom, did you see that lady going down the road? If she goes through the car wash she'll get a bath too!"
  • Austin was in the car with a friend and they were talking about how old everyone in the car was and he whispered (very loudly) "My mom is 30, I bet she wouldn't even want to admit that, she's so old!" I did not tell him that I'm really 31.
  • Jacob had a day with Jere and he said that he wanted to wear a fancy shirt (one with a collar) so that Grandma would feel special.
  • When Jacob was leaving to go somewhere I told him I would miss him and he said "Mom- I've told you before, I love you more than when all the people in a football stadium are leaving to go home. When they all get home, that's how much I love you. Write it in a card for me so you don't forget!"
  • And to add Emily, she started saying "whoa!" when she falls instead of uh-ho (not uh-oh.)
Hopefully I'll get my camera issues resolved soon and get back to blogging more. I want to keep you all updated but I also hope that Austin, Jacob and Emily will always have a little insight into their childhoods through this blog. They are so loved by Jeremy and I (and my dear family members who still read my ramblings,) and I hope they always know!

No comments: