Jeremy and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary on June 22, 2012. Ten years deserves a celebration! So, we did a trip that I have always wanted to do. We drove to Birmingham and dropped the kids off with Nini and Papa (kinda, we did spend a day there too. :)) Then Jeremy and I drove down to the beach in a fun, black, mustang convertible and spent a few days on the beach together. The kids had a great time at "Grandparent Camp" and Jeremy and I read lots of magazines on the beach and enjoyed a few restaurants. Mid- week Mom and Dad came down with the kids and spent the night and played on the beach with us. Then they left for their own adventure in the convertible and Jeremy and I took over the mini-van and kids again! We spent another day or two on the beach then drove to Nashville and spent the night with Julie and her family. (Julie nor I took a single picture! :-( )The next day we drove home (with a stop at Ikea on the way) and settled into our very hot house. There were some bad storms while we were gone and we didn't have electricity. The next morning we got up and went to Jeremy's parents house and spent the next three days there. We were so ready to be home but enjoyed some rare Corven over-nighters too.
We love our little family!
I'm glad he chose me and I said yes! I'm very proud of Jeremy and myself for all that we have accomplished in ten years. Our future looks bright and I'm glad we get to spend it together!
We enjoyed the convertible! Jeremy was proud of the fact that it could do 0 to 60 in 5 seconds.
Austin was great on the boogie board! He loved it two years ago when we were at the beach but now he's almost surfing on it! It's pretty cool to watch! And, I love how he grins from ear to ear on it!
Emily loved her first beach trip! She would crawl into the ocean until the water was entering her mouth and then she still screamed when we'd pick her up! She liked scooting on her rear end all the way through the sand and she just giggled when the waves would hit her.
Jacob loves the ocean and sand too. He likes to pick up shovels of sand and deliver them to the water and watch as the water washes them away. This year he loved sitting on the boogie board and going out in the deep water with Jeremy and crashing over the waves. One of the funny Jake things that he did... one day he was protesting returning to the beach after we went to the pool and after a while in the pool he randomly shouted out "Hey guys, I changed my mind, I'm going to the beach with my folks!" And he was smiling so big. We never use the word "folks," so I found this pretty funny.
Jeremy and I are so thankful that Mom and Dad watched the kids for us. The kids had a blast, they had all kinds of projects to do such as homemade critter boxes, tie-dye shirts, model magic, playing in the sprinkler, making homemade ice cream, Lego creations, lots of stuff! We also all went to the Barber Motor Sports track the day before Jeremy and I left. The boys thought it was pretty cool to get the autographs of some fast motorcycle drivers!
Fun times with Mom and Dad.







1 comment:
Yay! What a great trip and great memories you guys made :)
Post a Comment