Monday, June 11, 2012

Sleepy Heads

I knew the boys were tired last night when I tucked them in but when I went back in to check on them before I went to bed, this is what I found. Summer nights are wearing them out!! I had told them to lay their heads on the pillow as I walked out of the room but neither of them ever moved. They just fell asleep right where they were when we talked and prayed.
The night before the boys stayed up until 10:00 at night. They were chasing fireflies and lying on the hammock with me. I cherish these childhood days. At one point Austin was chasing the lightning bugs with his jar and Jake climbed up on the hammock with me and said "I'm looking for the first star so I can make a wish. What should I wish for Mom?" I said "I don't know, what do you hope for?" His reply: "I wish for a swimming pool big enough for a giant to live in it. But the giant wouldn't really live in it." Emily was inside sleeping and Jeremy was working in the shed right beside us. It just felt like a right moment in time.

1 comment:

The Faiths said...

Seriously! That is the cutest thing ever. We love summer nights too :)