Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Last minute Christmas Prep

The kids had a great time making a gingerbread house this year. We even ate a little candy as we decorated. The finished product!


Jake helped me make some homemade cinnamon rolls so we could enjoy them on Christmas. We ended up unable to wait and enjoyed them on Christmas Eve with Jeremy's family and again on Christmas morning at home. They might be one of our new favorites!


Christmas Eve! The kids were so excited! Austin says that Christmas Eve is his favorite day of the whole year because he is just so excited! I think he likes the anticipation and the days leading up to Christmas more than the actual day! I like that about him, it's all about the journey!


Christmas Eve is such a busy day!! This year we celebrated with Jeremy's dad's side of the family in the morning then came home to rest then we joined Jeremy's mom's side of the family followed up with a Christmas Eve candle lighting service at church. The service is always so much fun as that final reminder of what Christmas is really all about. The kids love that they get to play with glow sticks during the service. We came home to our traditional Christmas Eve at home. Austin really likes the traditions we have established over the last few years. The kids usually get one present to open, usually pj's before bed. (Sorry Em, I got tired of wrapping. Next year I promise to wrap yours too!)


After the kids open their present they hang the key for Santa on the door. He has to be able to get in somehow since we don't have a chimney! Last, we wrote a letter to Santa and left him lots of cookies and milk. I think this is the first year we have left cookies, it is usually a cereal bar or fruit as the kids tell us Santa needs healthy food to give him energy to visit all those homes! At least they're learning about nutrition, right!? I'm sure Santa appreciates all kinds of food!


No comments: