Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy and Sad

Pictures are coming soon, I promise!! All the kids have grown this summer and I can't wait to share our fun times. But for now, a blog post because my head is about to explode with thoughts and emotions. Read if you please... I am trying to cope with Austin going to first grade. A few weeks ago it really hit me that he would be gone from 8:50-3:30 every weekday. I was pretty sad about it and just snuggled up next to him as he slept one night and cried. I thought it was all out of my system because the last few weeks I have been looking forward to the boys having some time away from each other!! They have always played pretty well together until the beginning of this summer and their behavior has been getting worse and worse. I was so annoyed with their whining and competitions that I was thinking Austin was bored and ready for the structured school setting, not to mention playing with kids his own age and eating lunch with his friends. But I'm not ready, that's the issue. I love my little guy so much and I want the best for him. I know the best is sending him to school and allowing him to grow up. But I will miss him at lunch time and I will miss his constant interruptions when I'm trying to accomplish anything, to include resting. I will miss his elaborate plans for our days. I think I am just sad that his pre-school days are over. My hope is that we can maintain our close family bond and that he will continue to seek direction from his family and more importantly God, not from his friends or the secular world we live in. He really is going to grow so fast from this point on and I just need to grow now too. Ahhhh, it will be okay and we will adjust to the new norm. We will adjust. We will adjust. We will adjust...

No comments: