I love my kids! They are definitely created different from one another though. I really enjoy their different personalities, joys and challenges they bring to our family. Here are two scenarios that happened in the same day this week. I have to record some of these small moments so I never forget.
Me: "Aust, are you still hoping for a new backpack for school this year? I have some ads for you to look at."
Austin: "Yeah, mine is all worn out and stuff... here's my plan: I want to buy one every other year and that way it will be cheaper and I will really use it good." (With his words very drawn out.)
Me: "Well sometimes if you buy a fancier one it will last lots of years."
Austin: "Yeah but that will cost more money so I just like the old fashioned kind. It's good." (I love that he said "old fashioned" in reference to a backpack and that he had a plan for backpacks!)
Next story...
Later that night Jacob didn't want to go to bed and Jeremy told him in a stern voice that he better get to his room and get his pull up on. I was already in Jacob's room and when he walked in I told him to come to me. He just stood there for a second and looked at me with a very ornery look. He knew what he should be doing but clearly didn't want to do it. Next thing I know, he flung himself to the floor and started rolling around laughing and he said "you and Daddy just make me laugh!" He continued laughing and I managed to keep half a straight face and he rolled over to me and got ready for bed like an obedient little child. It was so hard not to laugh. I didn't know what to do!
And not to leave out Emily, she had her first real laughs over the last couple of days. She is still such a laid back baby and just grins ear to ear whenever you look at her.
God definitely knew what he was doing with the timing and personalities of all our children. Jeremy and I love them more than words can ever express!!
No comments:
Post a Comment