I thought I would update the blog by telling you that nothing too big has been happening in our household. The last few weeks have been spent playing and resting. I feel like we have been on a busy streak and it has been nice to just play at home and not have the calendar filled.
One big change is that I am no longer babysitting! Jeremy and I made this decision several weeks ago but waited to make it official until the little boys I watch had a comfortable place to go. Their parents were so kind and found new places for their kids right away. We will all miss seeing Colin and Holden every day but I know we will still get together often as they are the closest friends my boys have.
Austin will meet his Kindergarten teacher again this week and have his assessment. Next Wednesday will be his first official day of school. I have felt okay about this as his school days are only two and a half hours. But, as the time gets closer I am secretly struggling with the thought of him starting school just because it indicates a new stage of life. I am not ready for him to grow up and be so super involved with his friends and all that comes with school age kids. I know he will be okay, I just have to let him grow as God intended, I would imagine the parents grow along with the kids.
Jake had a potty training plan this weekend and I have decided to quit! Without getting into too much detail, he just doesn't want to go on the potty right now. I fully believe he is physically able but mentally he isn't ready. When he started to cry over it today I decided we'll wait a few months and try again. I will not fight a battle over this. I think he will do it when he is ready.
Jeremy has three weeks of school left!! We are so close to the end! He will still have some hoops to jump through when he is finished with school but we're almost done! His current jobs and hours will be changing a little bit and we will all have to adjust to new schedules a few more times. I can't even imagine what life will be six months from now. Jeremy wouldn't be Jeremy if he wasn't working hard on something so I'm sure he will be busy but it won't be school! We're ready to see what life without school is like!
The last family member, Smelly Cat has disappeared. We don't really know what happened to her but she hasn't been home in several weeks. I really do miss her but cats will be cats and who knows where she is or what happened. We didn't make a big deal about her being gone because the boys didn't really ask. They were used to her coming and going and I didn't want to stir up their emotions or get their hopes up that she would come back. She was never gone more than a night or two until now. She definitely insisted on being an indoor/outdoor cat and she had a good life.
I think that's everything. I will have some new pictures soon I'm sure. The next week and a half will be fun as we cram the rest of summer in and the boys and I try to have some fun before school starts! I hope you all are doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment