Monday, August 9, 2010

MOPS Convention

I took an adventure with four of my friends last week. We went to Orlando, FL for a MOPS convention. I had such a great time and feel like I learned a lot of great information. It's been a long time since I had three nights away with just the girls too. It was such a bonding experience with these awesome women who are all in the same stage of life. The boys had lots of fun at home with Dad and Grandma and Grandpa. They went to the arcade, skate park and the state fair. They may have been spoiled a little too!

Mandisa was one of our entertainers. She was on American Idol and she just radiates joy!!
Richie McDonald used to be the lead singer for Lonestar and he is now launching his own career. He sang for the convention on Saturday evening. He is such a family oriented man and I have a lot of respect for him. I hope he is very successful on his own. And, I was able to sit kinda diagonal/beside of Richie McDonald on my plane ride to Nashville. We talked quite a bit about MOPS and his career. He wants his wife to join a MOPS group. I definitely wished I had put in my contacts and put on some make-up that morning. Oh well.
My trip home included a short layover in Nashville where Julie and Cami came to see me. I loved getting to see Cami crawl. It was nice to see them again after only a week had passed!
Oh what fun! I am so glad I took the time and went on this trip! I hope I can go again in the future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Faiths said...

Looks like you had fun...I'm glad you were able to get away and enjoy yourself!