Friday, April 3, 2009

Bloom

I have been waiting all year to see this! My Grandparents had a big hill completely covered in Daffodil's every Spring. I planted bulbs from their yard in the Fall of '07 and after much anticipation I only had one bloom last year! So I have waited another year and now I have lots of blooms! I love knowing where these flowers came from and that life can continue and even grow after saying hard goodbyes to loved ones.

Jake went to the ENT yesterday and the Dr. confirmed that his little ears are filled with fluid but he wants to wait another five weeks to see if they can heal on their own. He said if he's going to thrive on his own the time is now since the cold and flu season is winding down. The biggest concern is that Jake could have speech delays if the fluid isn't drained. The Dr. said that in Jake's head it sounds like he has his fingers in his ear all the time. So, here's hoping that we have a definite answer in five weeks!

2 comments:

Simon & Kendra said...

Good sweet memories from the pretty flowers!!! My cousin is having the exact same problem with her little guy. He is almost 3, and they are trying to decide what do about tubes or not. His speech has been a little affected, but the doctors told them that he can recover from that since he's so young. His speech isn't that bad at all, but they also said he hears things with "fingers in the ears" too. Anyway, I will pray for little Jake! Miss you.

Kim Ashley said...

I love the daffodils and what special enjoyment they must bring.