Sunday, January 18, 2009
Sweet Love
Austin must be the sweetest boy in the world! (At least he is to me! :)) Last night before going to bed we read a book about a pig who kept trying to collect items from the farm for his Mother's birthday. The pig's friends kept telling him no, but the pig was still nice to them. In the end all the friends gave the little pig lots of wonderful gifts to give his Mom. She ended up with a nice breakfast from her little pig. So, this morning I'm laying on the couch and Austin very excitedly says "Hey Mom, you need to close your eyes and go back to sleep so I can get you something." So, he gets a yogurt from the refrigerator and puts it on the table. Jake starts crying and Austin says I can get up to get him and says"don't look at that yogurt," remember, the yogurt is a surprise! When I walk past the kitchen I have to peek (and I actually snuck a picture.) Austin had the stool and climbed up on the countertop and was looking very intently at all the food. A few minutes later he walks up to me and says "Okay Mom, I have your surprise, first you can have this." He hands me a picture of him and Jake sitting on Santa's lap. Now, you can have this, He gives me some yogurt, a breakfast bar and some club crackers, all with a huge smile on his face. Of course I was oohing and ahhing over all of it and then he said "is this just what you've always wanted?" Of course I said "yes, this is the best breakfast ever." Nevermind the fact I had already eaten a yogurt half an hour before this and I don't really enjoy breakfast bars but they are Austin's absolute favorite food! I ate all of my beautiful breakfast and then he said "Mommy, do you know why I did this for you? It's because I love you!" Then he gave me the tightest hug and a big kiss. He was so proud of himself and I felt so loved because he truly did it all on his own!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This made me want to cry. This is too sweet!
That is a cute story....Mmmmmm...cereal bars!
Post a Comment