Friday, July 11, 2008

American Child

Austin has a real interest in anything and everything that you cannot see right now...Angels, God and Santa Clause to name a few. He really wants God to come over for a sleepover and he tries to sneak peeks at the angels every night when he's going to bed, occasionally at naptime. He thinks Santa's elves (elfess as he calls them) live at the North Pole with Santa and God. Jeremy and I explain things as we can and often tell him that we'll talk about this after his nap or in the morning. Any great advice would be excepted via e-mail!!! He did tell me that God also lives in his heart, so I think we're on the right track!

2 comments:

The Fab Four Zupan's said...

I can't believe how grown up he is thinking. Tell him I said to always keep God in his heart!!

Kristin said...

Mandy,

I hear you loud and clear! Children often have big questions that scare us to death. As a children's minister I hear it all the time:)

My advice is to listen to him and let him know you hear him. Tell him you are proud of for asking such great questions. When he asks you a question, ask him what he thinks the answer is. Don't feel the need to correct him or make sure he understands things the way we, adults, do. Remember Jesus says we must become like children. Trust God to keep working on him - teaching him and leading him. And don't worry if you don't have all the answers. Sometimes that's a lesson unto itself for our kids.

I love you and am proud of you! We can chat more if you want. And keep me updated. I'd like to learn from Austin too!