Thursday, September 2, 2010
School Boy
Austin did great on the first day of Kindergarten!! He walked up to his class like such a big boy and the kids all stood outside until everyone was there and then marched into the classroom together. I couldn't read Austin's face at all when he walked off. All the kids just looked so uncertain. Jake and I went to a Parent's breakfast, called the "Boo Hoo Breakfast" after the class walked off and we actually got to watch Austin in his first gym class which happened to be right away on the first day of school! Austin came home smiling and today, day two, he came home talking about his new friends. So, I think we're off to a good start!
Before we got out of the car I asked Austin if he wanted to say a prayer and he said yes and that he wanted to say it. His exact words were "Yes, Mom, what's that word... it starts with a c... you know.... I need it today...OH! Courage! I need to pray for courage. That's what I'll do." So he said his prayer and off we went!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Stephanie is great...you'll love her!
Yay Austin! That kid is so cool!
I still think the "boo-hoo" breakfast is hilarious! Austin, we are so glad you like school.
Post a Comment