Monday, November 23, 2009

Toy Fairy

I don't know that I've ever told you all that we have a toy fairy that comes to our house now. A friend suggested this idea after I said I was going to start giving away Austin's toys because he wasn't cleaning them up. I can call the toy fairy on the days that Austin has not cleaned up and she will take the toys that are not put away and will not return them for a whole week. Today Austin needed a little motivation and so I told him at the beginning of the day that his room needed to be cleaned by bedtime. He did it and so far the toy fairy has never had to remove any toys. He did come into my bedroom after Jeremy and I had tucked him in and he asked if we could send a letter to the toy fairy. Here it is:

Dear Toy Fairy,
I wanted to ask you to never come to my house again.
Love,
Austin

No comments: